Sunday, June 21, 2009

Washington Trip

So I forgot to bring my camera charger and my battery was dead when we got there. I will have to post pictures once everyone has e-mailed me the ones they took. We had so much fun! This was our 3rd year going. We always go the second week in June and stay at the Naval Resort on Pacific Beach in Washington. My dad's dad always goes with us since he is retired military so we get a discount. We spent our first day there just relaxing after the long drive. We went down to the beach and Joseph loved it! My grandma and grandpa Stears came with us too. Grandpa Stears took Joseph down to the beach and helped him collect things in his bucket. They also found a few little silver fish flapping on the beach. So grandpa would help Joseph catch them and then release them back into the Ocean. On Monday all the guys went into town to get groceries for the week. It literally took them all day long. The girls stayed back with the kids and we went to lunch at the little burger joint down the street. That night we went down to the beach to roast marshmallows and make s'mores. I love fires down on the beach! Tuesday we went into Ocean Shores to go to the beach. Of course both the kids fell asleep on the way there so they slept in the car while everyone else walked along the beach. Then we went into town to shop and get some ice cream. Yum! Murphy's ice cream is the best. They also have a clothing store there that lets you pick out whatever decal you want and then they print it on your clothes right there in the shop. Joseph and Daddy got matching grey sweatshirts and Anna and I got matching ones as well. Wednesday we drove to see the Worlds Biggest Pine Tree. We ate lunch first at the little cafe. By the time we were done eating it was pouring rain. But since we had driven all the way there everyone went and I stayed in the car with Anna and watched "The Office." On Thursday we went into Seattle. It was so fun! We went to the Space Needle. This time we actually went to the top. It was really cool. Then we went over to Pike's Market to watch them throw fish. It was really cool. Joseph thought that it was really cool too. The market was really neat. It was so colorful with such neat things to see. We also stopped and had sea food for lunch. I had Salmon and chips and it was so good. Then we went and took a tour of where my dad grew up. We drove by his old house and school and such. Then we stopped at a little danish bakery and got some really yummy pastries. Then we went on a ferry ride. It was a very awesome, but very long day. Friday we just chilled and went to check out a new little beach town called Seabrook. We also went to the beach to roast marshmallows one last time. We had such a great time on the trip. I'll post picture when I get them!

1 comment:

  1. How fun!!! We are going to go to Yellowstone this week and I am stoked!!! I think going on a vacation is well needed sometimes!!! R u getting any sleep???

    ReplyDelete