Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Easter was so fun this year! Friday night Joseph colored Easter eggs with his Uncle Christian. He pretty much just liked to put stickers on the eggs after they were dyed and dried. I tried to show him that he could color on the egg with a white crayon and then they drawing would "magically" appear after they had been dyed, but he didn't really understand why he couldn't see anything when he colored on the egg. (Joseph putting his eggs in his bucket)That was the day after he broke my memory card for my camera so I don't have any pictures of him coloring eggs :( Grandma SoSo and Grandpa Terry had an Easter Egg hunt at their house the day before Easter. They gave Joseph a bucket and let him go find eggs. Joseph didn't quite know what to do. His cousin Johnny had already been to an egg hunt so he knew exactly what to do and what was inside the eggs. I thought that once I showed Joseph what was in the eggs he would get excited and start looking for more. But he didn't really get into. He was more interested in playing with the race cars they had there. He did go and find a few to put in his bucket. After the hunt Grandma and Grandpa gave each of the kids an Easter bucket of goodies. Joseph got a new "Cars" outfit and lots of candy and Anna got a new dress and a stuffed Bunny. (Looking for eggs) It was a lot of fun! We also had dinner and visited with my grandma who was here visiting from St. George. Easter Sunday Dave had to work so I took the kids to church with my parents. I do have to say that my kids were pretty much the cutest kids at church!!! It was fun to go to church with grandma and grandpa. It was Anna's first time at church. We got there before my mom and the other kids got there, but of course my dad was already there saving us a spot. (Ready for Church!) It was cute because Joseph was looking at the Hymn book when they finally got there and all of a sudden he looked up and saw Aunt Ashlie sit down next to him and he got a huge grin on his face and started pointing at her to me. He was like he couldn't believe that they were there. He was also excited because he got bubbles in nursery! Afterword we went back to my parents for dinner. David got off at 3 so he was able to make it to dinner. My parents had some Easter Eggs for the 2 boys and a big bouncy ball. Joseph was excited. After dinner and dessert we came home to see if the Easter Bunny had come to our house while we were gone. (Joseph with his Easter Bunny stuff) David had to be to work by 7 this morning and since the kids are still asleep when he leaves we decided to wait until that night to have the Easter Bunny come. It was a fun ending to the Easter Week-end. We came home and their Easter Baskets were set out on the counter. Joseph got a "Cars" bucket with "Cars" Easter Eggs, a Buzz Lightyear Kite, a stuffed Mike and Sully from Monsters Inc., and of course a chocolate bunny. Anna got a pink bucket with a stuffed baby Dumbo and a chocolate bunny. (Anna with her new stuffed Dumbo) The Easter Bunny also left Mom and Dad an Easter Basket with some of their favorite treats too. I feel like we have soooo much candy around our house now! It was fun to spend this week-end with family.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! Glad you had a fun Easter! We colored eggs too - but Bryson was not really into it. :)

    ReplyDelete