Sunday, April 19, 2009

Anna is 1 month Old!

So this last week Anna turned a month old! I can hardly believe it! She is getting so big and she's starting to be awake a lot more often during the day. We bought her a new swing this week. Our other swing was broken and would only swing half the time. That's her below in her new swing.



Anna is such a special little girl! Having a little girl is so much fun. I have loved being able to dress her up and use bows. We had a little bit of a stressful week this week. I had a HIDA scan for my gallbladder on Thursday. It turns out that I need to have my gallbladder out. When I went for my test on Thursday I had no idea what I was getting into! The test was about 2 hours long and they injected me with radio-active dye. So the tech told me that I couldn't nurse Anna for 48 hours and that I would need to "pump and dump." I was a little freaked out by this news because I had no idea I wouldn't be able to nurse. But at this point I had been fasting for over 12 hours for the test and I didn't want to have to re-schedule. Luckily we had some formula samples at home that we could use. Anna took a bottle alright but it took a little coaxing from both David and I. It was really hard on me because it took me about 45 minutes to feed Anna and then pump and dump. Then she would want to eat 2 hours later. The first night I hardly got any sleep. By Friday night I was exhausted! Luck for me I have an awesome husband who loves being a daddy. He took care of Anna that night and sent me to bed. I got some much needed un-interrupted sleep that night! That's one thing that I have missed. It seems like our queen sized bed is now the "family" bed. Joseph starts out in his bed and then usually comes and gets in bed with us when he wakes up in the morning. That's anywhere from 5 to 8 in the morning. He does usually fall back asleep though until 9 or 10. And a lot of the time when Anna wakes up for her middle of the night feeding she ends up staying in our bed cause I fall asleep too. Below is a picture of the kids in our bed.



Saturday night we went over to my parents for a barbecue. My grandma Meredith and her sister Vernie were here visiting from Spokane. It was fun to see them and be able to show off my cute kids. My brother and his wife and kids came too. Joseph loves their little girl Eliza. She's 7 months old so she's more interactive then Joseph's baby sister. He loves to try and make her laugh. Below is a picture of Anna and Eliza. They are 6 months apart. Sorry the photo's sideways!

Having 2 kids is definitely more work than I thought. There are days that I am completely overwhelmed and I feel like I am a bad mom. But I also feel incredibly lucky to have 2 healthy kids and a wonderful husband who loves his family. I feel so blessed that he works so hard so that I can stay home with the kids! The happiness and love I feel as a mom totally out weighs the frustration!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your gallbladder, I hope everything went well!!! On the bright side of that since you had to pump/dump it was a good opportunity to catch up on some zzz's!!! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete