Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowl and Cousins

So we went to my parents house today to watch the Superbowl. It's not like any of us are huge Cardnial or Steelers fans but it's the Super Bowl so you watch the big game. Everyone was sort of cheering for Arizona--you know the whole underdog rising to the top. It was mainly just fun hanging out with my family and watching Joseph interact with his cousins. My parents set up a little pop up tent down stairs for the little boys to play in. They loved it. At one point the boys were down stairs just running around the tent and laughing the whole time. They actually played really well with each other tonight. Joseph has a hard time sharing sometimes! Joseph also liked playing with baby Eliza too. This really made me happy to see. He liked laying by her and he only tried to pull her hearing aids out twice! This didn't really surprise me because Joseph has a thing for ears. He loves to rub ears--especially when he is tired. If there is no one around he will rub his own ear until he falls asleep. He liked the baby. He put her blanket on her and he even tried to pick her up. I'm glad he interacted with her so well. As of today I can now say that I am having a baby next month! I have been nervous to see how Joseph would react but I think he'll be a great big brother. Later in the evening Joseph found Grandpa's treat drawer in his bedroom. He has recently learned to open it himself. We know when things get quiet this is probably where he is. Tonight he found a box of raspberry sticks that was 3/4 gone. He brought it out to the hallway where he and Johhny polished off the rest of the box. It was funny to see those 2 boys shoving the sticks in their mouths as quickly as possible. They were afraid someone was going to come and take them away! Those 2 boys sure know how to get into trouble! It's fun to have 2 little boy cousins the same age! The last picture is of Joseph watching TV with daddy after church today. He has recently started crossing his one leg while he watches TV

3 comments:

  1. Joseph is such a little sweetheart! I am glad that you guys live close by so Abigale has a friend to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! Yeah, we were hoping for the underdogs to win too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little guy is so cute and i love that he found your dads candy!! we need to hang out one of these days before you have your baby. I have a blog so your more than welcome to check it out its :
    http://laura-thelifeoflaura.blogspot.com

    You can see all the fun things I do!! But i hope your day is going well and you are feeling ok. Call me and we will set up a time to play.

    Laura Kennington

    ReplyDelete