Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

So I've decided that Valentines Day is so different when you're a "grown-up" with kids. Dave and I decided not to really do anything special for Valentines Day since we are going to Disneyland in a week. Yes we are leaving a week from tomorrow! We did get Joseph some chocolate covered strawberries (thats him eating his strawberry) and I also got David some strawberries and David got me a half dozen of red roses. This is the first year David hasn't worked at the Cookie Store so I was excited to think he might actually be off on Valentines Day but Saturday's are his long days at work. He works from 7 in the morning untill 10 at night. I had to work that day as well. But it was ok because the thought of going to an overcrowded resturant and waiting 2 hours to be seated doesn't sound appealing to me at all. Joseph spent the morning with Grandma SoSo and Grandpa Terry while I worked. Then later that evening I went and hung out with my mom because my dad had to work. We went and picked up dinner from Rumbi's and just hung out. That night when we were getting ready to leave Joseph insisted on wearing his snow boots over his footy pajamas. So that is a picture of him when we got home. He's wearing his snow boots and snow hat. He has a binky in because he's ready for bed and he was just riding around the house on his little fire truck. He's so funny. He loves those boots! Tonight we went over to my parent's house for a Valentine's dinner. My mom made heart shaped pizzas and we ate on Valentines Day plates with matching napkins. Joseph's cousin Johnny gave him a hotwheels car and a Speed Valentine. It was a fun dinner. My mom is always thinking of fun holiday dinners. We always have a Halloween dinner every year too. After we left my parents house Joseph went to his friend Abby and Seren's house to give them their Valentines. He gave them each a chocolate heart. He already knows the way to a woman's heart! Both girls made him cookies and Abby colored a Mickey Mouse picture for him. It's been fun to live so close to 2 little girls the same age as Joseph. They actually play pretty good together. So folks that was our super exciting Valentines Day. There was no romantic dinner or expensive gifts but we were both ok with it. David did laundry this weekend and helped me clean the house and that is such a huge gift to me! Plus in another week we'll all 3 be on a week long vacation with eachother. I hope everybody else had a Happy Valentines Day too!

2 comments:

  1. Abigale loves her chocolate heart! Thank you so much! She just loves playing with Joseph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think housecleaning is the best gift! The heart shaped pizza sounds good...

    ReplyDelete