Monday, January 12, 2009

Settling in...

So it's been barely a week since we moved and we are slowly getting things un-packed and put away. Joseph and I both got sick this week and I am still not feeling that great. The doctor thinks that I have pneumonia so they started me on an antibiotic and now I'm just waiting for it to kick in! Living out here at West Ridge has been great. I feel like I get to see David a whole lot more than I did before. He stops by sometimes during a shift or I go and bring him dinner. It's really nice. Joseph is getting used to the new apartment. He was fine once we got his movies and his toys un-packed. He loves watching movies!! He likes to have the tv on even if he's not really watching. I guess he just likes the noise. He loves Mickey Mouse. He has started recognizing characters so he says Mickey and Donald and Whinnie the Pooh. It's really cute! He is picking up new words everyday. When something bad happens or he does something naughty he covers his mouth with one hand and says "oh no". It is really cute. He is also learning sign language from his cousin Johnny. I am amazed to see how quickly toddlers pick up on sign language! Joseph recently learned the sign for candy from his grandma SoSo and now he will randomly come and ask for "more candy please" in sign language. I'm not sure I like him knowing this sign!! Joseph is also a big help around the apartment. He loves to help Daddy do anything around the house. Dave got guitar Hero for Christmas and so we got Joseph his own guitar to play with. It's pretty cute to see the 2 of them on their guitars. Joseph also loves to help me when I'm cleaning. I have to give him one of his baby wipes and he'll help me wipe down the bathroom counters. He loves to cook with me too. I let him sit on the counter and help make dinner or lunch and he loves it! He has also become a pro at unloading the dishwasher! He will hand me the dishes as I put them away and now the silverware drawer is down where he can reach it so he loves to unload the silverware. He even gets everything in the right spot. I will be so grateful when I get to spend all day with him in a few more weeks!

1 comment:

  1. We are so glad you guys are getting settled in - it is so difficult to move pregnant! We are excited you will be having a GIRL! We can't You are a wonderful friend and we love you guys.

    ReplyDelete