Saturday, March 28, 2009

The last 2 weeks...

So Anna is 2 weeks old today. It is so hard to believe! It has gone by so fast. We have been busy the last week. We have all adjusted to baby Anna pretty well. Joseph has done better than either of us thought he would. He likes to be around her all the time. It's hard to keep him away from her. He likes to touch her and "tickle her" It drives me nuts! He ends up waking her up most of the time! Anna sleeps pretty well at night. She usually sleeps from midnight until 5 or 6 in the morning which is awesome. David went back to work on Monday. I was a little nervous that first night. I wasn't sure how I was going to (Anna sleeping. Her head isn't quiet big enough for her bows yet)

handle both kids by myself. But I made it and it wasn't too bad at all. I'm starting to get into a routine which makes life much easier. On Monday we also went and had pictures taken at JC Penneys. We had some single shots done of Anna and then Joseph's 2 year birthday photos as well as a new family photo. (Joseph and Seren playing during game night) It was a little stressful getting pictures done. They were not very organized at all. We had an appointment at 11 and I don't think we left until 2 or 3. I wasn't as crazy about the pictures this time as I have in the past. Tuesday we tackled grocery shopping for the first time with 2 kids. We used 2 carts and it took us over an hour and a half. But we made it! I also had a Dr's appointment. I am having some problems with my gallbladder and now I have to meet with a surgeon. It's crazy! Wednesday it was back to our normal game night. It was at our house. Joseph was happy that Seren could come and play with him while the grown-ups played games. Yesterday Joseph woke up and kept grabbing his tummy. David asked him if his tummy hurt and he said yeah but we weren't sure if he really knew what we were asking him until he got up to eat breakfast and threw-up all over the couch. He had the flu. He was actually pretty good about letting us know when he was about to puke. ( Joseph has figured out a way to have 2 binkys in his mouth!) However he didn't like the idea of throwing up in the toilet so we used a big bowl instead. By the end of last night though he was back to his old self eating up a storm. However Anna caught the cold that all of us have had so she had a rough night last night. We had to keep her upright so she could breathe better. ( Joseph laying on the couch with his tummy ache. Check out the bowl next to him!) Today has been the hardest day to be home. David is gone from 7 in the morning until 10 at night. It makes for a long day especially since I'm not up to venturing out of the house on my own yet! My mom and Terry came over to visit today and I am so glad they did. It helped break up the day. I have loved being home with my kids. (I love this outfit on Anna (left))I love being a mom. Even though I am exhausted and I have changed about a million and a half dirty diapers in the last 2 weeks and done a zillion loads of laundry I love it! It truly is the best job in the world! (Joseph with his baby sister)

3 comments:

  1. Joseph is sucha good big brother! They look so cute together! The outfit is MAJOR CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it really goes by so fast! I'm sorry you have been so tired - it hit me about the same time with Bryson and I am sure its even more of an adjustment with another one running around the house! I agree with you on the outfit - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the MOST adorable outfit I have EVER SEEN!

    ReplyDelete