Monday, March 16, 2009

Coming home!

Anna is finally here! We are so excited. So David figured out how to blog during the last few days. He wanted to make sure everyone could see what was going on. Plus I think it helped pass the time in the Hospital. I was beginning to think that she would never make it here. I went to bed Friday night and woke up around 3 in the morning having pretty strong contractions. I knew that it labor was starting. I waited until Dave woke up at 7 to go to the hospital. I wanted to wait at home until I felt really ready. I didn't want to spend any more time at the hospital than I had to. We got to the hospital at about 8:00 Saturday morning. They checked me and hooked me up to the monitors. I was dilated to a 4. After an hour of monitoring me I was still at a 4. And of course my doctor was not only not on call but also out of town. So they called the on call doctor who said to send me home. I knew thought that I was in labor. So the charge nurse suggested that I try walking around the hospital for a half hour to see if that causes any changes. By this time my parents were at the hospital and my brother and sisters were at home, mad because they didn't wake them up before they left the house that morning. My parents left and went to Cost-co and Dave, Joseph and I went for a walk around the labor delivery floor for a half hour. I walked my butt off! There was no way I was going home! I was ready to have this baby. After walking around I dilated to a 5. That was all I needed to stay. The doctor on call happened to already be there so she was able to come in and break my water. I got my epidural and I was all set! This time I was able to do the whole thing on my own. I didn't have to have any pitocin. By 3:00 that afternoon I was fully dialated. The doctor came in and we started pushing and 18 minutes later she was here! It went so quickly! She had the cord wrapped around her neck so she was a little blue when she first came out. She still scored an 8 on the APGAR test. She is absolutely beautiful! I couldn't believe that she was finally here. It was much easier the second time around. They took us upstairs and we got settled in. I of course missed dinner again! Joseph was born at 8 at night so I missed dinner and they gave me a "gourmet" sandwich (a piece of turkey on a roll). I figured that since we were all settled in by 5:05 that I would get dinner but no I missed the cut off so I got yet another special sandwich; although I do have to say it was much better this time. Saturday was a pretty quite night. It was just the 3 of us there. Joseph went home with grandma and grandpa. My mom and step-dad were of course still down in St. George since my grandad's funeral was today. My brother and his wife were down there was well. So there weren't as many people around to come visit. The second time around we weren't nearly as over protective. We sent her to the nursery that night so that we could actually get some sleep. David had a little couch that he got sleep on. It was more comfortable than the rocking chair he slept on last time. Nursing was much easier too. My pain has been pretty manageable too. I was able to shower Saturday night which made me happy! By Sunday we were ready to go home but they weren't quite ready to let Anna go home. Sunday was nice and quiet again. They have someone from the LDS church come and bring the sacrament. It was cool. Later that afternoon we had lots of visitors. My parents came as well as my brother Christian and my sister Ashlie. David's dad came over too. Then David's sister Ashley and her husband Mark and their 2 boys came. My uncle David and Aunt Pam came that evening with my cousins Jessica and Amanda and Elias. Our neighbor Amy came and brought her 2 little girls Abby and Lyla to visit too. It was so fun to see everybody. We finally got to come home today. Joseph was excited when he got in the car at my parents to see Baby Anna in the backseat next to him. When we got home he took her around the house and showed her all the things that were hers. This afternoon all 4 of laid down in our bed and took a little family nap. This evening Joseph has been a little more rough with her. He's just trying to play but he doesn't quiet understand why we don't put pillows and sit on our baby sisters... He did hold her and pat her tummy when she started to cry. He also helps me pat her back when I am finished feeding her. I figure the more he helps out the easier this adjustment will be for him. It's nice to be home and I'm anxious to see how the first night goes. One thing that I have to say is that my Husband is the best husband and dad in the world ( my dad is a close second!). He was so wonderful to me in the hospital. He changed diapers, got me water and crackers and food I was craving. He ran to Rumbis Saturday night and waited in a long line because that's what sounded good. He was also such a huge comfort during the whole delivery part. He was so calm and collected and helped keep me focused to push. Since we've been home he's cleaned up the house and bathed Joseph and let me sleep. He was also a huge help this last week. He made sure all the laundry was caught up and kept the dishes loaded and unloaded. I am so grateful for him. He has loved having this baby girl and already calls her his princess. I love him so much! I am so happy and grateful for my cute little family!

1 comment: